Sunday, January 27, 2008

Inga is done!

I have finished my Inga Hat!
Pattern: Inga Hat
Yarn: Knit Picks Merino Style Storm, Asparagus, and a little Vanilla
Needles: 3.25mm and 3.75mm for colorwork
Started: 1/18/2008
Finished: 1/26/2008




I am very happy with it. It fits me really well, but it is a little taller than I like. If I knit this again, which I may do, I would start a few rows into the colorwork. I carried the MC, Storm, in my right hand and the CC, Asparagus, in my left, and it worked beautifully for me. I may be switching from a thrower to a picker! The braid was neat if a little fiddly. I used this tutorial which is really good, but my yarns were so twisted by the end. I used magic loop for the colorwork, but I think a 16" needle and dpns would have worked a lot better for me. I am heading to the Knit Picks site after this to purchase some for my next hat.

4 comments:

LotusKnits said...

Look at you!!! The hat is amazing!

Congrats!

VeganCraftastic said...

Very impressive, it's gorgeous!

Jen C said...

The stitches look so even!! Great job. I'll have to try out the braid trim soon.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely hat!

I really love braiding but it does purposely twist on the first row. The yarns should untangle on the second row which is a relief. I pull a lot of yarn from the skein before I start braiding and then I take my hand and separate the two yarns as far as possible. Keeping the twist as far away from the needles as possible can save me a lot of grief.