Friday, January 4, 2008

Howdy!

My name is Madge, my Ravelry id is knitdevil, and I blog here. I've been knitting seriously for four years and crocheting for eight. I'm still getting organized on what goals I want to accomplish with this KAL, but the short list includes these possibilities:
  • Knit a top down sweater. I'm thinking Knitting Pure and Simple's pattern #241, the Neck Down Shaped Cardigan, is a good candidate for this goal.
  • Learn Fair Isle.
  • Become proficient knitting socks.
  • Become proficient at reading charts for cabled patterns.
I've begun the year working on that last one. My knitting group is doing a mini-KAL right now, and we're knitting Shedir. I'm up to row 13, and so far so good. Not much to show at the moment, but as soon as I work a little further I'll post a picture here.

Thanks to Melanie for hosting this KAL, and happy fearless knitting to all!

1 comment:

LotusKnits said...

Woo! I love Shedir! Can't wait to see some progress!