Saturday, January 5, 2008

Beginning Fair Isle

Hiya! Hope you all are having a good weekend!

Here is the first few rows of my Red Light Special, only I like to call it the Blue Light Special, cause I'm a dork like that.



I did a little reading beforehand on color dominance and tension and so far it's going well. The biggest issue I'm having so far is the yarns twisting and tangling around each other. Grr.

I'm using the contrast yarn in my left hand so that it's dominant and the grey background color in my right hand. I don't knit English, so learning that part has been...awkward. But it's working out so far, slowly but surely.

Let's see what you all have been working on!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks great so far! I think I'll follow your example to read a bit before I begin any colorwork and then try the two handed method. I need to get a few more VERY late gifts off my needles and I'll start on a project for this KAL...I'm looking forward to it.

Madge said...

I like how you've renamed it. :) And the colors you're using. I'm in a Brooklyn Tweed blue phase, too; only I'm working on Cobblestone at the moment.

Good luck with the fiddling!

themamajama said...

You're doing a great job! A tip I learned to help keep the yarn from tangling is to keep the balls on either side of your lap - seems simple but can help.

I was ready to give up on fair isle. I hadn't done any in years and wasn't happy with my attempts at mittens for my dgds. Thank you for the inspiration to hang in there.